Ateki is looking to fill an immediate full-time opening for an experienced Level II IT Technician & Active Directory Administrator. Our new team member will support our clients and our day-to-day MSP/IT support operations.
The Level II IT Technician & Active Directory Administrator’s daily duties will include, but may not be limited to: providing our clients with qualified and knowledgeable Microsoft Office365 Services support, Microsoft Windows Server support, Active Directory Support, and network support services both on-site and remotely using our Ateki Remote client and RDP. Our team member will promptly ensure our clients technical problems are addressed professionally, correctly, and in a manner that leaves our clients completely satisfied.
This position is ideal for candidates that have at least 2 years of solid Level II IT Server and Active Directory experience. Our new team member will also have a great attitude, are hungry to learn and grow, and who love working directly with clients. We are looking for people who are friendly, professional, like to stay busy, and are customer service driven. Since our clients are located all over the Greater Chicago Area, candidates must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
– Fluent English speaking and writing required
– Fluent Spanish speaking and writing is highly desirable
– Excellent customer service skills
– Strong inter-personal communications skills
– A polite and kind demeanor
– Ability to handle very high stress situations and thrive under pressure
– Impeccable integrity and honesty
– Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, and 2016, 2019 operating systems
– Experience with maintaining Active Directory and editing Group Policy
– Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP routing, terminal services, and VPN administration
– Ability to troubleshoot common Windows Server support issues
– Ability to install Windows Server Services, setup domains, and check for proper operation
– Knowledgeable of virus, trojan, malware, ransomware removal and protection
– Knowledgeable of Windows Server operating system security patch management, error logs, disk free space management, backups, etc
– Knowledgeable of Windows Server system password management, including resetting of passwords on local computers, Active Directory, Office365, etc
– The ability to answer and respond to phone and email support tickets.
– The ability to update support tickets using our help desk software
– Knowledgeable of configuring routers, wireless access points, firewalls, VPN connections, etc.
– Knowledgeable of updating and configuring mobile devices, specifically Apple iOS and Android OS
– Knowledgeable of AT&T and Comcast Internet service offerings
– Knowledgeable of CAT5e, CAT6, RG-6, and fiber wiring specifications
– Support a variety of Windows Servers
– Work with business network monitoring and alerting systems and tools
– Enjoy a team-centered work environment that works together to implement and support IT solutions for our clients
– Work with an extremely talented group of IT professionals and low voltage wiring specialists
Ateki LLC, a veteran owned and minority owned Delaware company, is a team-focused organization that is aggressively looking for knowledgeable and motivated team members that want to continue to learn and be a part of a fast-paced and exciting working environment.
Ateki is an MSP (Managed Service Provider) that provides IT (Information Technology) services to small businesses in a wide variety of markets and industries. Ateki also provides low voltage wiring services such as: installing and servicing surveillance systems, copper and fiber structured caballing, access control systems, and audio visual systems and controllers. Ateki has locations in the Greater Chicago Area, Northwest Indiana, and Las Vegas, Nevada. Ateki operates a number of brands such as: Dispensary Wiring, awebnow, ALODON Internet Services, Chicago Services, MyHelpDeskToday, and MyBusinessToday.
Ateki provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ateki complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ateki expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ateki’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
|Job Category||IT Team|