We are looking to fill an immediate full-time opening for a Level I Computer Technician & Help Desk Representative. This new team member will work out of our Bolingbrook, IL administrative office and will support our company’s day-to-day operations in the Greater Chicago Area. The Level I Computer Technician & Help Desk Representative’s daily tasks will include, but may not be limited to: providing our clients IT support services on-site and over the phone and using our Ateki Remote Client support tool. The Level I Computer Technician & Help Desk Representative will promptly ensure that our clients technical problems are addressed professionally, quickly, and in a manner that leaves our clients completely satisfied. The Level I Computer Technician & Help Desk Representative may be responsible for everything from helping a user resolve an email problem to troubleshooting basic network and malware problems.
This position is ideal for candidates that have at least 1 year of solid IT experience, who have a great attitude, are hungry to learn and grow, and who love working directly with clients. We are looking for people who are friendly, professional, like to stay busy, and are customer service driven. Since our clients are located all over the Greater Chicago Area, candidates must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
– Fluent English and Spanish speaking and writing required
– Excellent customer service skills
– Strong inter-personal communications skills
– A polite and kind demeanor
– Ability to handle very high stress situations and thrive under pressure
– Impeccable integrity and honesty
– Experience with Windows 7, 8.x, 10 operating systems
– Experience with Microsoft Office applications
– Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
– Ability to troubleshoot common computer issues
– Ability to install drivers, setup peripheral hardware, and check for proper operation
– Knowledgeable of virus, trojan, malware, ransomware removal and protection
– Knowledgeable of Internet applications including: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java Run-time Environment, etc
– Knowledgeable of Windows operating system security patch management, error logs, disk free space management, backups, etc
– Knowledgeable of Windows system password management, including resetting of passwords on local computers, Active Directory, Office365, etc
– The ability to answer and respond to phone and email support tickets.
– The ability to update support tickets using our help desk software
– Knowledgeable of configuring routers, wireless access points, firewalls, VPN connections, etc.
– Knowledgeable of updating and configuring mobile devices, specifically Apple iOS and Android OS
– Knowledgeable of AT&T and Comcast Internet service offerings
– Knowledgeable of CAT5e, CAT6, RG-6 wiring specifications
– Support a variety of IT systems of both hardware and software
– Work with business network monitoring and alerting systems and tools
– Enjoy a team-centered work environment that works together to implement and support IT solutions for our clients
– Work with an extremely talented group of IT professionals and specialists
Ateki is a team-focused company that is growing quickly and looking for motivated people that want to learn and be a part of a fast-paced and exciting working environment. Ateki provides managed Information Technology (IT) services, low voltage wiring, surveillance systems, Internet services, audio visual solutions, and marketing solutions to successful small businesses in the Greater Chicago Area from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Northwest Indiana. Ateki services include: on-site and remote network, server, and computer technical support, network wiring, camera and access system wiring, domain name registrations, website hosting, website design, audio visual systems, and Internet marketing management. Ateki owns and operates a number of brand-names including awebnow, ALODON Internet Services, ChicagoServices.biz, MyHelpDeskToday, and MyBusinessToday.
Ateki provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ateki complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ateki expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ateki’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.