We are looking to fill an immediate full-time opening for a Level II IT Technician & Active Directory Administrator. This new team member will work out of our Bolingbrook, IL administrative office and will support our company’s day-to-day operations in the Greater Chicago Area. The Level II IT Technician & Active Directory Administrator’s daily tasks will include, but may not be limited to: providing our clients with qualified and efficient Microsoft Windows Server support services both on-site and remotely using our Ateki Remote client and RDP, promptly ensuring that our clients technical problems are addressed professionally, quickly, and in a manner that leaves our clients completely satisfied. The Level II IT Technician & Active Directory Administrator may be responsible for everything from adding a user to a domain to rolling out new servers, forests, and trees in a business environment.
This position is ideal for candidates that have at least 1 year of solid Level II IT experience, who have a great attitude, are hungry to learn and grow, and who love working directly with clients. We are looking for people who are friendly, professional, like to stay busy, and are customer service driven. Since our clients are located all over the Greater Chicago Area, candidates must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
– Excellent customer service skills
– Strong inter-personal communications skills
– A polite and kind demeanor
– Ability to handle very high stress situations and thrive under pressure
– Impeccable integrity and honesty
– Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2, and 2016 operating systems
– Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy
– Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, WINS, TCP/IP routing, VPN, and IIS administration
– Ability to troubleshoot common Windows Server support issues
– Ability to install Windows Server Services, setup domains, and check for proper operation
– Knowledgeable of virus, trojan, malware, ransomware removal and protection
– Knowledgeable of Internet applications including: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java Run-time Environment, etc
– Knowledgeable of Windows Server operating system security patch management, error logs, disk free space management, backups, etc
– Knowledgeable of Windows Server system password management, including resetting of passwords on local computers, Active Directory, Office365, etc
– The ability to answer and respond to phone and email support tickets.
– The ability to update support tickets using our help desk software
– Knowledgeable of configuring routers, wireless access points, firewalls, VPN connections, etc.
– Knowledgeable of updating and configuring mobile devices, specifically Apple iOS and Android OS
– Knowledgeable of AT&T and Comcast Internet service offerings
– Knowledgeable of CAT5e, CAT6, RG-6 wiring specifications
– Support a variety of Windows Servers
– Work with business network monitoring and alerting systems and tools
– Enjoy a team-centered work environment that works together to implement and support IT solutions for our clients
– Work with an extremely talented group of IT professionals and low voltage wiring specialists
Ateki is a team-focused company that is growing quickly and looking for motivated people that want to learn and be a part of a fast-paced and exciting working environment. Ateki provides managed Information Technology (IT) services, low voltage wiring, surveillance systems, Internet services, audio visual solutions, and marketing solutions to successful small businesses in the Greater Chicago Area from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to Northwest Indiana. Ateki services include: on-site and remote network, server, and computer technical support, network wiring, camera and access system wiring, domain name registrations, website hosting, website design, audio visual systems, and Internet marketing management. Ateki owns and operates a number of brand-names including awebnow, ALODON Internet Services, ChicagoServices.biz, MyHelpDeskToday, and MyBusinessToday.
Ateki provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ateki complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ateki expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ateki’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.